As a fast growing company, Sohum Systems is looking for talented Software Test Engineers to join the USDA DFAD Development Team in Kansas City. If you are passionate about testing high quality Java applications, we have the right opportunity for you. You will working as part of fast paced semi-agile development environment where you will be responsible for testing designed applications . Below is a list of key knowledge areas and experience that would be part of a successful candidate’s Testing background.
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform analysis to determine specific requirements necessary to convert manual operations into automated processes.
- Responsible for Analyzing, Designing, Developing and Testing Software functional business applications that adhere to best practices and FSA standards.
- Review and analyze system specifications documents and Requirements specification documents.
- Work on Automation Scripts development using Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Scripts execution and report defects.
- Involved through full Software Development Lifecycle Areas related to Design, Development, Testing and Support.
- Developing/Maintaining database MICROSOFT SQL SERVER, data cleanup, identifying data accuracy problems in database, and developing & implementing strategies for improvement.
- Developing and Maintaining web Services test scripts using Postman and Soap UI tools.
- Providing Data Integration (DI) solution in system integration testing phases.
- Perform Manual and Automated Testing and develop Automation Scripts for Regression test cases and execute using Selenium.
- Troubleshoot and debug Test Automation scripts using Selenium and Soap UI.
- Log defects using defect tracking tools and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Performing web Services testing using Postman and SoapUI tools.
- Responsible for System Integration testing, Database testing, and Smoke testing.
- Communicate and coordinate with Project Managers, Architects, Development team members and Business Analysts to deliver effective technical testing solutions.
- Evaluate software defects using bug tracking tool and assist development team members in implementation of resolution strategies.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and sprint retrospectives.
Basic Qualification :
- 5 Years software testing experience
- 3 Years of Automated Testing experience
- Associates Degree in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 5 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 5 years’ experience OR Master’s Degree in in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 3 years’ experience
- Public Trust or higher security clearance preferred but not required
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust security clearance