As a fast growing company, Sohum Systems is looking for talented Software developers to join the USDA DFAD Development Team in Kansas City. If you are passionate about developing high quality Java applications, we have the right opportunity for you. You will working as part of fast paced semi-agile development environment where you will be responsible for designing and developing assigned features leveraging industry standard frameworks like Spring and Struts. Below is a list of key knowledge areas and experience that would be part of a successful candidate’s Java Development background.Job Responsibilities :
- Work as a part of agile team to design and develop assigned features of Java applications leveraging industry standard frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and tiles.
- Convert stored procedures and functions used in the internal applications to the corresponding SQL queries to reduce module couplings.
- Create/modify project artifacts, such as product navigation maps, use case, and acceptance tests documents.
- Implement frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Log4J etc. to build custom utility products.
- Design and Develop multi-tier architecture applications to use Core Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, JDBC), XML.
- Migrate the existing applications from JBoss 5 server compatibility to JBoss EAP 7.
- Design and develop assigned features to ensure 508 standards for software compliance.
- Design, develop, test, enhance, debug, and implement software in accordance with software development best practices.
- Troubleshoot production problems and provide support and resolutions related to software applications.
- Migrate the web applications to Maven Build Stack latest version.
- Develop Junit test cases to support automated unit, integration, and regression testing for code changes.
- Build and test software utilizing Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and version control, such as SVN to integrate changes to the projects.
- Provide technical support to testing and validation, and product support teams.
- Perform requirement analysis, software design, development, installation, testing, and maintenance for application system components for large-scale, complex, and technically unique projects.
- 5 Years software development experience
- 4 year’s Java Development experience
- Associates Degree in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 5 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 5 years’ experience OR Master’s Degree in in computer science, engineering, business management or related field and 3 years’ experience.
- Ability to prioritize work and participate in a number of projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- 5 years working with Java/JEE development
- Public Trust Clearance
Job Category: IT
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City Kansas City MO Missouri